German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Sandeep First you have figure out what you like best show or working, then you have to think ( what do I want to do with said GSD, do I just want it to be just a pet, or do I want to do Sch, Tracking ect, or do you just want to do show. If just a companion dog you can go either way, but stay away from high drive pups or litters if this is what you want. I guess where I'm going with this is there are a lot of difference between show and working lines. As for difference between the males and females, not what I see but others here will differ. I myself way toward the female and my wife sways to the males and they can both be a challenge at times. Our vet bills are different than others due to having a kennel but in all you have to figure for at least their shots every year, heartworm prevenitive every month, flea control and of coarse what you plan to feed. Us we use Native performance food which runs about 30.00 dollars a bag. Some feed is more expencesive and some are cheaper. Hope this helps

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.