German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy Max is 9 months old and whenever anyone comes near me he yaps and has to come and lie by my feet he yaps a lot and he also like to chew on legs like little nips he pinches with his front teeth, any idea how I can stop these behaviours? He is a real sweet guy most of the time just these 2 issues that are driving me crazy...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Handsome Max is acting like a brat who wants all the attention -I should know, my Sting was the same way. I had to teach my Sting that when someone wants to talk to me he has to be polite and that my feet are not his chew toys. So I practiced by putting Sting on his leash and on heel - out for a walk to talk to the neighbors - he had to sit/stay by my side - if he barked - I put my hand on the top of his nose and said quiet - when he was quiet - he got a treat.

·
Banned
377 Posts
My dog sometimes does the pinching thing with the front teeth but only if I have a shirt on, not to my bare skin. But the pinch can get all the way through and it hurts. I just say STOP and she stops. I think it is a sign of anxiety/frustration. Could be wrong, she does it to her cloth toys too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts