German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help:
We are ready to get our first GSD. We'd like a working line with a lower prey drive for our family. We've been researching GSD for over a year and a half. I've been to shows, talked to owners, and tried to "network". German Shepherd Dogs are the breed for us!

We live halfway between Buffalo, NY and Rochester, NY. We are willing to drive to get a healthy dog from a responsible breeder (including into S. Ontario or NW PA). We'd like a dog by the end of June- preferably male, black and tan/red. Please- any suggestions. We are ready for our new family member! Thank you! :)

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since you've been to shows, you may want to contact those breeders. From what you're saying - with the lower prey drive and coloring, it sounds more like the showline kind that you are interested in. While you waiting for replies, you can look on the AKC site under GSDs for breeders and a club contact in your area that can help you. There are also helpful threads here on what to look for in a breeder. You may also want to consider rescue.

·
Registered
381 Posts
:help:
We are ready to get our first GSD. We'd like a working line with a lower prey drive for our family. We've been researching GSD for over a year and a half. I've been to shows, talked to owners, and tried to "network". German Shepherd Dogs are the breed for us!

We live halfway between Buffalo, NY and Rochester, NY. We are willing to drive to get a healthy dog from a responsible breeder (including into S. Ontario or NW PA). We'd like a dog by the end of June- preferably male, black and tan/red. Please- any suggestions. We are ready for our new family member! Thank you! :)
I would also be interested in hearing suggestions of breeders in this area. Anyone?

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Jody Potter and Deb Zappia. They don't have a lot of litters, but they are super dogs. Higher drive than you are probably looking for, but they have placed a lot of dogs in great pet homes. However, they are not showline breeders so you are not going to get black and tan.

Their next litter is to one of my favorites bitches--she is an aboslute SWEETIE and such a great worker.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Jody Potter and Deb Zappia. They don't have a lot of litters, but they are super dogs. Higher drive than you are probably looking for, but they have placed a lot of dogs in great pet homes. However, they are not showline breeders so you are not going to get black and tan.

Their next litter is to one of my favorites bitches--she is an aboslute SWEETIE and such a great worker.
Our pup is from a dog out of Deb's kennel (her sire is a son of Escobar v Adelrik) and she is a blanket black and tan.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Our pup is from a dog out of Deb's kennel (her sire is a son of Escobar v Adelrik) and she is a blanket black and tan.
I am having trouble finding her website. Is she in Honeoye Falls?

·
Registered
858 Posts
The website seems to be down at the moment, but Debbie Zappia's kennel is in Marion, NY. She hosts the Empire Working Dog Club there: Welcome
Her website is here: Globat Login but it seems to be down at the moment.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Yes, but I took what op said as to mean showline black and red. Obviously esco and some past females have been blankets. However, no dogs right now in the breeding mix are going to be popping out black and reds :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thank you so much. I will contact them. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
There is a west german showline breeder in Webster. I am not familiar with those lines, so not sure what they produce. I did meet her at the SV show in Buffalo a couple years ago, she showed me a young female of hers, not my cup of tea (put to each their own). I particularly dont care for the american showlines in this area. I breed West german working lines.

Debbie was in Honeoye Falls, recently moved to Marion. Litter on the ground right now, not sure of availability though. And this is with her and Jody's dog.

You can keep and eye on the litters page here for new postings:
http://www.gsdca-wda.org/index.aspx

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
Here is our recommended list from breeders in SW Ontario.

Just follow the link.

Breeders - K-W German Shepherd Club

What is your criteria? Putting a list like this on a club website as official ??? I see a couple I know dogs from and knew people who worked at the kennel and I would say stay FAR FAR away....based on websites? dogs in your club? posts here???

Debbie Zappia and Jody Potter are in the Rochester area - not on your list and would send there before some on the list...

Know one lady not far from Niagara Falls who is not on your list...would recommend her...

Lee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts