German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 month old pup ate/drank 2 cups bacon grease, and corn cob.. i went to walk out of kitchen for literally 2 minutes, and he ate that stuff.. urgh-any dangers? i am gonna assume mass diarrhea for a couple days?

Anyone have any knowledge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,553 Posts
The corn cob could cause an obstruction. I would watch him for signs of it. The grease will probably just give him diarrhea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,649 Posts
The corn cob could be a major problem. If he vomits, becomes lethargic and/or stops eating or is straining to poop then you need to RUSH to the vet. An obstruction can kill. I know there is at least one person on this board whose dog got an obstruction from eating a corn cob.

For the bacon grease I would run out to t he store and buy activated charcoal and give him 1 of those every 4 hours. Actually I would call the e-vet and ask how many and how often you should give them to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,142 Posts
I was at my vet's office just the other day...when a dog was rushed in for eating a corn cob....needed emergency surgery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,980 Posts
With that much fat ingested I would also worry about pancreatitis :(
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top