German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, they hate children, they are very calm when strangers around but they lose their sanity when they see children but have not biten anyone. They bark and try to chase them off.
I guess this is because I live in a ****ty neighborhood, in a ****ty country (Vietnam) where people only see dogs as food. THEY EAT DOGS!!! (because of my work I have to live here)
The children in the neighborhood go passing my yard (fenced) everynight and try to make the dogs mad by hitting on the fence, throwing rocks at them, yelling and swearing at them.
As there is nothing I can do about those people (I even have reported to the local law enforcement but they ignored me) please tell me how to teach my dog not to be agressive towards children because I fear that their parents will try to poison my dogs (They sure will!)

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Protect the dogs by giving them a safe area away from being hurt. If the yard is big enough do a double fence so that even if things are thrown in then the dogs can't get hurt by it.

If they are being aggressive outside of your yard then I would purchase a muzzle for them to wear when off the property. It will be hopefully less stressful for you doing that way and therefore will decrease your dog's stress.

·
Super Moderator
32,367 Posts
The children in the neighborhood go passing my yard (fenced) everynight and try to make the dogs mad by hitting on the fence, throwing rocks at them, yelling and swearing at them.
That's very likely why your dogs react badly to kids. If you let this continue it will only get worse, so the only thing you can do is make sure that your dogs are never left alone in your yard. Crate them inside when you're not home and always go out with them for potty trips, or do what Shade suggested and put them in a secure kennel inside the boundaries of your yard, so the kids can't get at them and nobody would be able to poison them. It would be best to block their view of the kids as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! But the problem is, my yard is actually also the entrance to storage and properties and it needed to be guarded. Is there any training method I could apply to help the situation?
Of course I love my babies, but they'll have to work, too :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unfortunately, it is not your dogs at fault. You can train them to ignore the children all you want, but the main problem is the children.

I suggest you hide, either in the yard or across the street, with a video camera and video tape them harassing your dogs. Yell at them and tell them you taped them & to have fun in juvenile hall!
Or, optionally, chase the brats down the street and scare the **** out of them. But be sure no one else is looking.

If your fence is chain-link ( it sounds like it is) then put slats in it.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
i think you're in a no win situation. if you record the kids and take it to the police, they would seriously just laugh at you. vietnam is not the united states. they honestly could care less when it comes to animals. you should try to reason with the kids. mocking a dog just frustrates them because they arent able to get to the kids. if the kids keep on mocking the dogs im not sure theres much more you can do. if the dogs are there to protect your property then just let them go crazy and bark. just muzzle them if you ever do take them out in public. and move out of that communist country as soon as you can!

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Not sure they have juvenile hall in Vietnam.

Since they eat dogs there I'm guessing you won't have much luck with authorities either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts