German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever my hubby, (or anyone, for that matter) yells at Miikka she will come running to me for “protection”. I think it’s so funny!

Just a few minutes ago, DH was filling his syringes with insulin. He does this on our bed. He lays everything out on the bed and then starts filling. He does enough for several days. Anyway, just as he is about to get started Miikka jumped up on the bed and knock off the box of syringes. Of course she got yelled at. I was at the kitchen sink and heard the entire goings on. Before you know it, Miikka is running to me. She slips between me and the kitchen cabinets and looks up at me with the “please help me” look. What a silly girl.

Who in the family is your dogs "protector"?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
me definitely. Hubby yells, they all run and hide by me. lol whether they're in trouble or not. He yelled at his sister on the phone the other day and i had two adults dog sliding across the floor to hide under me at the couch and a puppy in my lap haha.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just today Gretchen, our 2.5 yr. old Silver sable, ate my turkey sandwich off of the coffee table. Now she's been perfect about obeying the 'leave it' command about anything, including any kind of food but this was apparently too much of a temptation.

While I was watching the TV and reaching for the sandwich Gretchen was beside me, watching me. When I realized the sandwich wasn't there I looked at her and asked where it was. With that Gretchen ran to the bedroom and tried to bury herself between Mom and the pillows.

I hadn't yelled at her and was more shocked than anything but she knew she did something naughty.

The only other food she has taken without permission has been one piece of chicken skin from my empty bowl of soup. Again, not a big deal and I wasn't't mad but to make the jump from a small scrap to a whole sandwich...wow.

Never have actually yelled at Gretchen but Mom is the savior of choice in our home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts