German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

Please have a look at the attached pictures and advice me if he is a good german shepherd puppy! He is non-pedigree and unfortunately he only lies in my budget, i want to adopt a dog for lifetime, will be grateful if you advise me after looking its pictures.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I can't see any pictures either??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't look like a very happy or healthy puppy. Is this in the US? What country are you in?
Its a south asian region here
and you are right he isnt healthy/happy but can i cover these things after adopting/training him?

advice needed

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Its a south asian region here
and you are right he isnt healthy/happy but can i cover these things after adopting/training him?

advice needed
That's your choice to make. I would never buy a puppy that looked like that here in the US for any price. I know things are a little different in other countries though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's your choice to make. I would never buy a puppy that looked like that here in the US for any price. I know things are a little different in other countries though.
Thanks for tendering your opinion bro and i respect that! I would love yours and others advice if you can comment according to my financial constraint which i duly owe!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
How did you come across this puppy? If your willing to put everything into the puppy, then that is fine. But by the time your done doing all of that you might be able to afford a more expensive dog. Its your choice, I personally couldn't stand to see a puppy not happy or not healthy.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Can anybody please confirm if its a mixed breed?
My first thought was a rott mix because of the coloring on the legs..well I think that is what it was, but it can be a pure breed. Its really to small to tell. How old is it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you come across this puppy? If your willing to put everything into the puppy, then that is fine. But by the time your done doing all of that you might be able to afford a more expensive dog. Its your choice, I personally couldn't stand to see a puppy not happy or not healthy.
Such a wonderful piece of advice you gave. Thanks!!!!
I found it in a pet shop and can't trace back his ancestors(its 3rd world country). Yes im ready to make a life long commitment and yes i ll be able to afford an expensive puppy later but its once for lifetime commitment so if i do, i ll stand by!

Thanks alot! You motivated me to get this one!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My first thought was a rott mix because of the coloring on the legs..well I think that is what it was, but it can be a pure breed. Its really to small to tell. How old is it?
its 2 month old according to the seller
im attaching more pics so that you can tender your valuable advice
and what if i find someday its mixed? will it effect our bond?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
its 2 month old according to the seller
im attaching more pics so that you can tender your valuable advice
and what if i find someday its mixed? will it effect our bond?
She seems to be so thin:( She is cute. It really doesn't matter if she is mixed or not, you get from a dog what you put into it. The only thing that would make a difference is if she is mixed and you paid for a purebred. How do they usually sell dogs where your at? Is pet stores common or do they have breeders there? Do they have paperwork for her? If you decide to get her, I would take her to the vet immediately.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I am sorry I called him a her:(

·
Registered
406 Posts
To me the pup looks underfed and in poor condition, I would suspect that it will also be carrying a worm burden. On a good note, it is very young, so it will still be a clean slate as far as temperament goes. I would never pay for a pup in such poor condition, however, if you are prepared for the cost of veterinary assessment, good food and worming / vaccination, neutering etc. then I'm in favour of giving this little one a shot at being in a happy forever home.
I took on a rescue Dobermann who at 9 weeks had been living in a car wreck, he was in poor condition as his mother was being fed on scraps. He is now 3 years old, regularly wormed, vaccinated and healthy. BUT, because of the poor nutrition he received in his early weeks, he is very sensitive to any change in his diet, he is fed on top quality food only, and I am ready for some hefty vet bills later in his life as I wonder whether he will develop problems with arthritis or similar because his bones were denied the nutrition they needed when they were forming.
If you are willing to do the right thing and ready for the bills that will involve, then I say go for it, you might end up with a fabulous, loyal friend in return. I certainly wouldn't be rewarding whoever created this problem by paying them for the pup though..I'd offer to pay them by having their bitch neutered... Good luck :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She seems to be so thin:( She is cute. It really doesn't matter if she is mixed or not, you get from a dog what you put into it. The only thing that would make a difference is if she is mixed and you paid for a purebred. How do they usually sell dogs where your at? Is pet stores common or do they have breeders there? Do they have paperwork for her? If you decide to get her, I would take her to the vet immediately.
I got what you tried to convey, thanks dear
and unfortunately here in Pakistan, pet shops have a lot of dogs and they do claim they are pedigree but i know they are not, its just of 70$! and no paper work!

Most importantly, its a male i guess - you used "she", isnt its male?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I got what you tried to convey, thanks dear
and unfortunately here in Pakistan, pet shops have a lot of dogs and they do claim they are pedigree but i know they are not, its just of 70$! and no paper work!

Most importantly, its a male i guess - you used "she", isnt its male?
Yes I did, when I went back and looked at the pictures I noticed he was a male, but I already responded. He is a handsome boy:) So either you get them at the pet shop or off the street?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts