German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud mom of an almost 13 week old male GSD. We got him from a breeder at 10 weeks and he weighed about 13 lbs (I think). He was definitely chubby then.

I thought with a bigger breed that I had to exercise him a lot (unlike my 10 yr old Chihuahua although, she is very fit and muscular). I took him on 30 min brisk walks and runs off leash every morning till recently and have taken him on even super long walks with my Chihuahua. Did not think it was too long even though I ended up having to carry my puppy even though the Chihuahua was great. I did two long outings per day.

Took him to the vet this past Tuesday for his round of shots and check up. We got a clean bill of health but she said he is thin (16.8 ls) and we need to up his kibble from 2 to 3 cups. Q

I feed him three times a day. He eats but gets distracted and never totally finishes all the kibble in his bowl. Advised us to add some wet food to entice him. Gave him wet food yesterday (admittedly too much and he had diarrhea and vomitting). Also, spoke with the breeder; she kept back his sister from the same litter and she is 21 lbs. Breeder said he is too skinny but can confirm once I take him to her to nave a look.

Did I cause irrevocable damage and how can I get him to catch up weight wise?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Sent from my iPad

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.