German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday my 15 mo. old male GSD was playing inside and suddenly he started yelping and went down and the could not use his back right leg. No hard play running,jumping etc. just trying to keep us from getting his ball from him. He is up on the leg now but is really favoring it a lot.I thought maybe panosteitus but not sure he doesn't react when I touch press on his joints or bones leg?:help:

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I would rest him for the day, not much activity. Just controlled leash walks 5-10 minutes to go out for bathroom time. Assess the situation tomorrow and call the vet if no improvement.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
It sounds like he could have strained or sprained something or he got something in his paw. If you haven't done so, I would check that out. I suggest you take Gretchen's advice. Take it easy with him and call the vet tomorrow if he is still favoring the leg.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Katygirl I don't mean to jump on your thread but I'm having the same issue with my 10 month old male. He has been favoring his right rear leg. I was throwing the ball with him and he suddenly started limping. It has been a couple days and he seems to be a little better. I think he pulled something while running and jumping. I'm just hoping he is back to normal soon!!! I hope your baby feels better soon too!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
The most common cause for acute rear leg lameness is a cruciate tear. If it is not significantly improved within 24-48 hours, you need to go the vet.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts