German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 year 3 month German shepered she was a hyper little thing had so much life and wild and a couple a days now my husband and I have notice she is more layer back wants more of our attention and is more attentive to what we are doing. We don't know if there is something is wrong or not as one had this problem or what it could be. We also have a 2 year old Great Dane as well and they are inseparable. They are both female as well Great Dane is spayed and German shepherd is not.

·
Registered
32,011 Posts
She got out of heat about two weeks ago .
Hmmmm, split heat? Not uncommon in young females. Could be. Maybe she is just maturing.

Keep an eye on her eating, drinking, if you are concerned take her temperature. It is possible that she has an infection, which could be very dangerous. I guess if it happens it is often about a month after a heat cycle.

Keep an eye on her for false pregnancy as well. Often 2 weeks after ovulation they will skip a meal or act a bit odd. Note that your bitch's system is going through all the same stages as though she was pregnant. Maybe not completely, but the progesterone acts the same whether she has been bred or not.

So bitches do sometimes act pregnant because of that. And at this point, if she went out 2 weeks ago -- 3 weeks after ovulation probably, the little baby puppies would be attaching to the uterine horn walls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts