German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is probably a silly but I dont really know what to look for when finding butchers who have expierence with customers feeding raw to their dogs. I am currently feeding my puppy a raw diet and i want to give him more of a variety so i was wondering if any of you lived in the arlington/ dallas texas area and have expierenced buying meat for your dog from a butcher around here, thanks!

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
I am not in Texas but this may work for you as well. I get my whole sale meat from a company who caters to restaurants and hotels but not to private parties. I have a state-registered business name so I can buy all the meat I want for a decent price. That business registry costs $50.00 for two years; totally worth it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rendon Meats is about 1/2 an hour from you. They process and sell all kinds of critters. Perhaps give them a call see if you can get the entrails, necks and other parts that people don't eat. Bet they would be happy to have a place for them to go. I don't eat meat, so don't know what the going rate is, but you can buy bulk, prime cuts from them, as well.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Rendon Meats is about 1/2 an hour from you. They process and sell all kinds of critters. Perhaps give them a call see if you can get the entrails, necks and other parts that people don't eat. Bet they would be happy to have a place for them to go. I don't eat meat, so don't know what the going rate is, but you can buy bulk, prime cuts from them, as well.
This may work well for you. Since it's only 1/2'hr away, if it were me, I would go and speak to someone instead of calling. Chances are you will get more thoughtful consideration in person than you would via phone, especially if they are busy. too many possible opportunities can be lost via a phone call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts