German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Vega • Von Braun •
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
As some of you probably remember I switched my 2yr old GSD to Zignatures Kangaroo formula kibble a while back...unfortunately there has been no change in her stools. They’re consistently way too soft or just straight diarrhea.

I am extremely frustrated for her, I don’t know what to do for her...we’ve done all sorts of tests and imagery at our vet and they can’t find an internal issue that is causing this problem.
We have tried the following in order over the past 2years with some supplements:
-Orijen
-Acana
-Barf Raw
-Fromm and raw @ 50:50 ratio (she was on this for a majority of the time)
-Zignatures

Her coat is silky and shiny all the time, and she seems to be happy and in good spirits. Since I know she’s healthy, my concern is I just want to get her on a food that will make her tummy comfortable and keep her weight up. Her ideal weight is 75-80lbs range, but she is usually 72-74lbs in the summer months due to our excessive outdoor activity.
Does anyone have any other ideas we could try?
My vet is pushing really hard to put her on Hills Sensitive Stomach and I just really don’t want to...

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
My dog has eaten IAM's her entire life. Coat has always been good, stools vary from time to time as they do with all dogs, but for the most part are good and compact and solid.

The right food for your dog takes some experimentation. But honestly, seems like more people feeding the high-end expensive food have more problems than most.

IAM'S is listed on dogfoodadvisor.com as 3.5 stars, so recommended. It's worked well for us. You have to find your own...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Try Dr Gary's, it's been great for our girls since day one. Home - Best Breed German Shepherd mix.
I had also posted in your other query about Zignature, we got an incredible buy on those bags and mixed them.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
You may want to try Bovine Colostrum. It is given for gut health, etc and has no negative side effects that I’m aware of. It was part of my boy’s supplement regimen when he was alive for both internal and external issues. Here is a decent article about it for you to research.

I used Biostars Colostrum-38 K9 (not affiliated, I just liked the quality)

Perhaps it will help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts