German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Shyann. I have 3 dogs. American Bulldog, APBT and a Staffordshire terrier plus I rescue so I always have a foster sometimes two. I grew up with a Shepherd named Viking. He has forever left his paw prints on our family’s heart. I just bought a house in the San Bernardino Mountains. I currently drive a MDX but it is not working. I’m shopping for an SUV 4x4 that I can make my dog car. I’m looking for some help with car and crates. Looking at Suburbans but wondering if I can make a 4runner work? Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Shyann. I have 3 dogs. American Bulldog, APBT and a Staffordshire terrier plus I rescue so I always have a foster sometimes two. I grew up with a Shepherd named Viking. He has forever left his paw prints on our family’s heart. I just bought a house in the San Bernardino Mountains. I currently drive a MDX but it is not working. I’m shopping for an SUV 4x4 that I can make my dog car. I’m looking for some help with car and crates. Looking at Suburbans but wondering if I can make a 4runner work? Thoughts?
My personal choice would be a Suburban! Those things have mass space and every one I have had was reliable and unstoppable.
When I was looking at a new vehicle, of all the midsized SUV's the Dodge Journey had the most interior space, the best storage options and every person I spoke to that had one loved it. I have not had great luck with the 4runners but really liked the Rav4's.

And pictures of dogs are always enjoyed here!

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Welcome Shyann! With 3 dogs and a rescue or 2, if you ever want it need to transport the entire pack, it sounds like anything smaller than a Suburban would be a no go! I admit to being slightly biased toward Chevy though LOL, but I've always had great luck with them. Good Luck!

Reactions: Sabis mom

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I've got to swap my truck for an SUV because I have too many dogs for the cab and can't use the cap in all seasons.

Yesterday I saw.a Yukon XL that I really liked so that is my current favorite, followed by suburban.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts