German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 week old is actually doing very well when it comes to making poop and pee. We have run around the house and take her out every 30 minutes. At night we put her in her cage and she will cry to let us know.....we then take her outside and she does her business.
WOW. When we leave her at home while we are at work.....she will wait for us then take her out and BAM she goes again. we take her out in the morning, then we leave around 745am. we return at 11am then again at 2pm and get home at 430. She has done very well.......BUT.

Here it comes......she is biting at our feet. just playing around but it hurts my kids sometimes. we have been reading up on it and also watched some episodes of the dog whisperer. lol.

what do you all recommend? we do not use the word NO....we nudge her on the side and make a sound with our mouths. any idea? thx.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We have the same problem with our 10 week old. What we find is working is yelping like a puppy would do if you hurt it. Each time she bites, yelp and walk away and ignore her. If she still nips, yelp and then leave the room/ put her in a separate room you know she is safe in. Leave her for a few minutes and then let her back in and stroke her again to let her know she's still loved, but she can't bite. Repeat this until you see results. My pup is starting to get it and understanding the word no too. The problem is we've taken them from their litter mates who would have taught them about biting too hard by yelping and ignoring them, so we need to do the same thing to teach them. Hope this helps as its working for us!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told at the local human society where they have a dog park....they use certifect flea and tick and that it works really well? Has anyone used it? does it work? I was also told to use advantix 2? thx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts