German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the forum, and hope to learn about GSDs and how to properly care for one of these amazing and highly intelligent dogs!

Anyways a little background information. I recently finished pet sitting someones senior GSD(He is 11 years old and it looks like he will not last much longer than six more months at best, but he is still loving every minute of life) and I found my self quite hooked on the breed. He was the sweetest dog I had worked with and we formed a strong bond in such a short time. Anyways after two months I sadly had to give him back but now I am seriously pondering one for myself. However I am well aware that a younger shepherd will behave a lot differently than a senior who is at the end of his life. So I hope to learn from you guys about the ins and outs of raising a younger shepherd properly.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome!! There's lots of good info here, enjoy reading and learning!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would also consider adopting. You get a great sense of saving a dog and you know what you get. But a puppy is a great option to. Just make sure you read here before you purchase to see what a good breader is and what to look for. Good luck you wont regret a GSD.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
HELLO AND WELCOME! :greet:

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! You are doing the right thing-researching first that is a good start already. You keep learning all you can, take your time and you will find the right GSD for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts