German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here. I had my gs for one week short of 14 years. Had to end his life last december. Hard times, but i know it was a full,good,life. I'm not sure when i will get another shepherd. He was all i had. Thank you for this web site.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
welcome ted, I'm so sorry for your loss, you will never be able to replace him, but I hope there's room in your heart for another one. They give us so much without asking for anything but love in return

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,diane and thank you. I had a friend ask me if i wanted another gs or another breed but for some reason i love the gsd. I have been checking breeders near me in wis.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Good luck with your search, I know you'll find the perfect new companion:)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
It's so hard to loose the ones we love. But it sounds as though you're ready for a new best friend and I hope you find him or her soon. That's going to be one lucky dog!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and thanks stosh. I can't imagine the miles clicked off over the years. He was fit, exercized, and played with basketballs till the strings inside were coming out. I think he felt accomplished happy when he killed a mouse in the basement to!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Welcome Ted, sorry for your loss. He did have a nice long life at 14. That's him sending a little tug at you to get another companion. He won't replace him but you will love him just as much.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, and sorry about the loss of your best friend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS ALL. I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT FORUMS ON GERMAN SHEPHERDS, i ONLY HAVE LOOKED UP BREEDERS. THIS IS NEAT AND HELPFUL. MAYBE YOU WONDER WHAT HE WAS FEED? IAMS AND HE ALWAYS GOT A TASTE OF WHATEVER SOUP I HAD OR WHATEVER. BUT HE WAS ALWAYS TRIM AND YOU COULD FEAL HIS RIBS.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! So sorry for your loss. As time goes on your heart will heal. You will never forget your GSD, but maybe one day you will be able to accept another one in your life. It took me three yrs. to get over my lab. I will never forget her, but I don't grieve for her anymore. I could not even talk about her without bursting into tears. Jamie Lee healed my heart instantly. Good luck on your search and when time is right everything will fall into place and you will find your new friend.

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
I've lost a couple of heartdogs and it is never ever easy. But the ones that fill that hole in your heart helps to heal it. I can't imagine not having a GSD to lean on or have lean into me. Glad you found this place Ted, hope it helps you in your healing. Sorry for your loss, 14 is a good long life, says much for your nurturing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss, it's never easy losing a furfriend. Someday you'll find another one that will help take some of the pain away and put many smiles on your face. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
822 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ted. I feel your pain as we had to say goodbye to our girl who would have been 13 a week in a half after we had to say goodbye. It's very difficult to move on, but it does help to talk about it with friends, etc. You have my Deepest Sympathy on your loss.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome, Ted! So sorry for your loss; it is so hard to let go. I felt terribly guilty bringing my gsd Echo home 7 months after losing my gsd Shiloh...but the guilt went away pretty quickly as I learned to appreciate and love Echo for the sweetie that she is. There are lots of good folks on this forum; keep us posted in your search for that next best friend.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
hi ted and welcome to the board. i'm so sorry for the loss of your special boy. there is nothing like a german shepherd dog. once you've had one, it's hard not to have another.

when you are ready, and when the situation is right, please consider rescue. ted, there are FABULOUS dogs in rescue, and there are good rescue organizations in your area.

take care.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts