German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Kayla. I'm from the Orlando area and I've just recently adopted my first GSD pup! He's a little sable boy named Dallas. As of right now he's only about 5 weeks so I'm trying to soak up all the info I can to prepare for him. Just wanted to say hey and introduce myself--I'm sure I'll be around pretty often!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometime during the first week of February. He's getting his shots on Monday and I can take him home after that. It's going to be the longest month ever ;D

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
It's great that you're doing your research now instead of weeks after you get him and he's driving you nuts. It's a very exciting time

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your newly adopted boy! We want pictures when you bring him home!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on your pup! Its an exciting time. All the research before hand is a great idea, I did the same thing and it was very helpful. The one thing that has stuck with me from my research is that GSD are stubborn puppies, even when they know the command, they may not always choose to listen to it. This is true, at least for a little while. Colby likes to test me from time to time, but you just have to be patient, it is soooo worth it. Best of luck with your puppy, have fun!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everybody! He's only two hours away from me so I've seen him twice already. I actually think he's already starting to recognize me :D he ran right up to me and covered me in kisses last time I visited him, and I'll be seeing him again tomorrow. The breeder I'm getting him from has been so warm and welcoming. Here's the best pic I have of him so far (at 5 weeks)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/K1Amarie/Dallas5wks3.png

(sorry about that, I'm on my phone and it won't let me actually insert the picture)

I've been in love with German shepherds literally my entire life, so I'm very happy to be finally getting my pup. So I've been reading all about them for years now. It's just so different when you're actually preparing for a pup!

So far, all the threads about food have been extremely helpful. That has been my biggest concern. I think I've decided on Blue Buffalo when he's a puppy, then transitioning to ToTW when he gets older.
I've had large dogs in the past (2 danes and a giant schnauzer), but this is the first dog that is truly mine. I'm in control of everything so I want to raise him right! :] I've already got big plans for my boy; once he's old enough, I've found a fabulous training facility that I'll be taking him to. Schutzund has even started to interest me, but we'll see how that goes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts