German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is a bit late but I wanted to give you a bit of information. my name is Ryan and my dog is Nimrodel.

Nimrodel is my very first dog and she is a full blooded working bloodline White German Shepherd. I got her when she was only 2 months old and now she is 7 years old. Te past 7 years have been a BIG learning experience. We have been through MOST forms of training an have turned our backs on pinches, choke and Zap collars. We now use clickers, haltis, toy and games for training and we both like this a lot better.

Nim is a sweet an loving girl and she is also my Autism service dog an has bee for 3 years officially now. However she has been helping me for years.

Nimrodel also lives with CHD and we battle it every day. We have a variety of things we are using to help her including Reiki, TTouch, glucosemen and other supplements. I campain for CHD awareness and more options available to other lower income families. please feel free to ask me anything.

I am intrested in meeting other owners
learning others views on the dogs of today and of the past
other autism service dogs and their handlers
other service dogs in general
other White German Shepherd owners and fanciers
ps. I am a fan of the old fashion and working standard of our beloved breed and would love to hear others opinions.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad to hear you you're doing service work with your dog. I love WGSDs, had one for 8 years and she was an awesome dog. She had a heart of gold, and never snarled or growled at another living creature no matter what was done to her. I lost her in May and it STILL brings tears to my eyes!

The positive reinforcement training methods you're using are a good thing!

Jump right in to the forum and get your feet wet .. and welcome abord!

Carol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! I'm glad to hear you you're doing service work with your dog. I love WGSDs, had one for 8 years and she was an awesome dog. She had a heart of gold, and never snarled or growled at another living creature no matter what was done to her. I lost her in May and it STILL brings tears to my eyes!

The positive reinforcement training methods you're using are a good thing!

Jump right in to the forum and get your feet wet .. and welcome abord!

Carol
thank you I have a bit. I Love my WGSD! I love ALL GSDs!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello!

Nice to meet you, i'm on the spectrum (aspergers) and actually found this forum first via a google search for german shepherds trained to assist people on the spectrum. Hope to chat with you sometime!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts