German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds a little like an anonymous meeting... "Hi....My name is ....etc."

Well, I have adopted a young (two year old ish) female German Shepherd, her name is Calee. I rescued her from a neglectful environment.

Unfortunately she has some health issues that I am going to have to deal with. Hopefully she will pull through that ok. I look forward to my german shepherding experience. I have a little dog experience, I currently have two great pyrenees, a black lab, a border collie/ausi cross, a blue heeler, and I'm dog sitting a couple pits. (ok.. it's pretty obvious now that I have a dog obsession. LOL) I look forward to reading some training and some health insites from people who have had experienced this breed a little more than I have.

"Davey"

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to the board! I am sure you will find lots of great info here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum Davey and Calee !!! Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
welcome and best of luck getting her healthy!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcomes

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome, Davey, and I'm glad you rescued your new girl! I'm sure she's on the track to a great new life.

When I first read your post, I read that you had 'little dog experience' so I was thinking chihuahuas, dachshunds, toy dogs ... so when your next words were "great pyrenees", I actually choked on my coffee. *grin* I had to go back and re-read.

Good luck with the health hurdles, my shepherd (who I had put to sleep in May) had multiple health issues but on the whole, she was entirely worth it!!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome from Texas and good luck with your new girl!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts