German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently adopted a 10 month old GS mixed breed from a local shelter and we enjoyed him so much we decided to adopt a second purebred GSD from our local GS rescue. She is almost 2. We have had Australian Shepards for the past 20 years or so but when we lost our last one suddenly to pneumonia I decided to change it up and I am really enjoying our two. I will upload a picture of our Athena girl-light Sable (I think) and Atlas our floppy eared boy. I’d love any ideas on what he might be mixed with. Momma was a pure GSD, no idea about dad. He is 64 lbs at 10 months. Going to start some obedience classes in a week or two as much for us as for them. I look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I like their names together!
Very mythological :)
Pretty dogs!

Could he be a pure GSD whose ears never went all the way up?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Good looking dogs! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Handsome dogs, looking forward to hearing more about them! I love Australian Shepherds. Almost got one several years ago, but decided to stick with what we knew (GSDs).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congratulations & welcome! To me he looks at least 75%+ pure GSD, if not purebred with soft ears. It's hard to tell from just the one photo, but they are definitely both very handsome indeed :) Also, at 64lbs at age 10 months means that his weight will fall within breed standard for a male once fully grown, so nothing out of the ordinary there.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
There was a person on here a while back with a purebred GSD that he wanted to get rid of because his ears were soft. It happens. He could very well be purebred. Either way both lovely dogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts