German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Mike and i'm new to GermanShepherds.com. Back in January of this year I rescued a 10 month old German Shepherd Puppy from a rescue in Mississippi. Colt is now 15 months old and is taking to training quite well. From day one I started the "sit" command to see if he is motivaed to learn and went fom there. He now knows many commands such as "stay", "down", "up" and other obedience commands. I am working on his behavioral issues as well. Since he stayed with a foster family in Mississippi since birth he has not had the socialzation that every shepherd needs at a young age. Colt is unpredictible when it comes to strangers. As far as myself, family and girlfried he is great. Im working on taking him for long walks, getting him used to seeing different things outside of my yard. He seems to take well to that, he even let my neighbor pet him which was a huge accomplishment! Other than that, I have him playing with his KONG toy and Nylabone to rid him of his mouthiness and that seems to be working slowly but surely. He is a great dog that needed a loving family and im sure with more training he will be an even better companion.

Colt is black and silver with a squared hind-end. He is now 95lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:welcome: Nice looking boy! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all! I joined to read up on different topics, suggestions and tips on training and behavior issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts