German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, we recently got my 13 yr old son a german shepherd puppy, Smokey. We got him from a friend. His situation was a bit different. The puppies mom died when the litter was 1-2 days old so they were fed with bottles and went everywhere with the owners/breeders. We were able to watch him and his litter grow. Even with all that we were not planning to get the puppy until he was 8 or 9 weeks old so he would still be with his litter. however, my son has anxiety and our area has recently been having wildfires. My son was over the top anxious about his puppy so we, with the breeders' permission, got the puppy this past weekend. He is 7 weeks 3 days old now.The vet says he is a bit underweight but otherwise is very healthy and does not have worms.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
What a cute fuzzy little pup! I hope your son will do a LOT of reading about German Shepherds in general and raising puppies in particular so that he will be an excellent friend to this dog. This is a very good place to get information, and kids are so easily able to suck up information that he could be training the dog well very soon.

Best of luck and welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts