German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I’m looking for resources so I can learn more about the GSD and to hopefully help in bonding and connecting with my pup in positive and rewarding manner. Also any idea what color she is classified as or type? She’s marked as a sable and most folks that see her don’t think she’s a shepherd.

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts
Welcome to the the forum! Cute pup. I'll let the experts who've raised puppies answer your other questions about color
and whether it looks like a GSD. You could always buy an Embark DNA test and that will answer your questions about if it could be a mix breed. Looks like a GSD to me.

·
Registered
875 Posts
IMO a sable GSD.....sable is a color many people aren't used to seeing on a GSD so they'll assume she's not a GSD...she's very pretty and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your feedback. I’ve been researching GSD in general and find them absolutely fascinating. I have had dogs for over 12 years that were/are half German Shepherd. I’ve wanted a full blooded sable for quite some time and have had her going on three weeks. One thing I do find so interesting is how so many people become puzzled when they see her and question her breed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts