German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wolfie is so attracted to alcoholic drinks. I never let him drink them, but sometimes he gets into one when I am not looking. Last week, I caught him licking the wine droplets out of an empty glass and today, he got into someones Southern Comfort. Does anyone else have this problem with their dogs?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Never let mine get close enough but I have seen it plenty of times with other dogs. They do try to sniff close when drinks are around.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My problem is that we have a lot of guests over the summer at our beach house so inevitably one or two drinks are left unattended by accident. I didn't even know he liked alchohol until we came here for the summer.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I'm going to become an alcoholic to keep from shooting the dog that attacks Max. So is Max... he feels that becoming alcoholic is better than dealing with sociopathic dogs and their defenders.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My Shihtzu, Toby, is a beer-aholic. He will jump up in my husbands lap and demand sips of beer. He will lap it right out of the bottle or glass. I have pics I could show but I don't want to get turned into animal control for allowing my dog to drink!

I won't let Ava become drink it though!!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
Masi is a boozer, (no one drinks here:) when I take her to picnics and such, if you've got a beer in your hand, she's wanting it.

She is also all over any man that hasn't the slightest hint of booze on his breath, a lush that girl is:)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I've had two alcoholics.

Tex loved Manhattans. He used to knock my hand and then quickly lap up the spilled drink. It took me a while to figure out he was doing this on purpose.

Echo enjoyed beer when he could get it.

Other than these two boys, all the other Hooligans have been teetotalers.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Koda is an alcoholic. Scott thought it would be funny to see what he would do one night and when everyone was taking shots of Whiskey, he put is down to Kodas level and the drunkie pup, went and licked out half of it!!! I try to keep his vices down to harmless things like bologna, and hotdogs.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Panzer likes to destroy empty cardboard boxes and he's now taken this interest to full cases of beer. I set a open can of beer in the living room and he knocked it over and tried to lap it up before I could run over to clean it up! He's well below the legal age limit. I'll blame it on his Great Dane pup friend - he must have been a bad influence.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Hondo tries to abuse any drink he can get his tongue in......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tora attacks you for your coffee. She will get at it any way she can. The caffine junky. Jericho likes running water and root beer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts