German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

My name is Gary Maier. I am an Electrical Engineer at IBM and soon to retire. I have a passion for GSD's and a strong interest in protecting and promoting the breed as a family dog, a protector, and worker as a rescue and police dog. I plan to become a breeder and trainer as both a hobby and new career when I retire. I currently own a 5 year old male from Champion German Bloodlines and just purchased a 5 month old puppy Female from Vom Haus Berg ( also Champion and Titled parents ). I also have a deposit on a new Male 2nd pick from Von der Otto. Litter due Feb 2020. I am excited to do something I have had a passion for my whole life and plan to dedicate 100 % of my time and effort to do it the right way. I may need help along the way and appreciate any assistance and advice I can get.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hi,
First I need to say not many here will be very supportive unless you have done your homework.
Is your 5yr old male titled, hips and elbows certified and all health testing done?

Pup is a baby you have no clue how her hips elbows will be no matter what lines she comes from. Are you training with a club in hopes your goal is to achieve titles on her as well?
Same goes for other pup in 2020?

Too much to explain when it comes to breeding and just throwing 2 dogs together is not the way to go. Find a breeder who can help you and inform you on how hard and very expensive it can be.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts