German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member saying hi! First time having a pure bred GSD. Thor is now 3 yrs. He’s the BEST dog I’ve ever had! Of course he believes he is human. I haven’t had the heart to tell him he’s a dog. He’s smarter than some people I know and he’s my best friend!
I want to get a companion for Thor. Reasons being that I can’t physically exercise him & another dog would play with him. The dog would prolong his life & keep him company when I’m not home. I am thinking of a female American Staffordshire Terrier puppy. He seems to like the Pit Bulls to wrestle with at the dog park.
ANY SUGGESTIONS? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Hi Laura! Welcome to the forum, to both of you! Thor is a good looking boy!

Just a heads up, but the two breeds, or rather the two names for the same breed, that you're considering as a playmate for your dog, have been deemed "unmentionable" on this forum due to all the heated disputes their mention seemed to cause. We call them bully breeds, or unmentionable breeds. Silly yes, because everyone knows the breed being talked about, but rather strictly enforced none the less! Again, just to let you know...

That being said, my dog always enjoyed playing with most bully breed dogs. So yeah, it might be a great choice as a companion and playmate for your dog!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi Lara and welcome! Unfortunately, we have had to disallow discussions about the breeds you are currently seeking advice on, because too many arguments take place. And no, we cannot just call them “unmentionable breed”, “Voldemort breed” or “bully breed”, as many members have tried to do, and continue on. The problem is not from the name of the breed, but the intent behind the posts people were making. Good luck in your search for another companion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.