German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am from Connecticut, and I am looking to add a German Shepherd at some point in the future.

I have started my research, although I won't be getting a Shepherd for quite some time down the road, and I figured joining this site would give me a plethora of information. I imagine the guidance on this site will be of extreme help both now and in the future.

Just some background- I currently am living with family while saving up to buy a house. We have two family dogs- Rayne, a gorgeous Akita (I think her lines were mixed with both American and Japanese Akitas), and our mutt of an old man, Fatboy (who legitimately believes he's a human). Neither will be coming with me when I leave, unfortunately. We also have two cats, one thinks he's a dog. There's a lot of identity confusion in my house...

Once I accomplish the daunting task of buying my first house, it will be extremely lonely without all the animals I am used to, so I look forward to all the advice I will receive and read on here once I am able to provide a happy home to a beautiful Shepherd.

-Ash

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Welcome! You're definitely right about this having loads of info. :)

Stick around and learn a bunch! There's never an end to what you can learn about these guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello to both! Whiteshepherds, I hope you wouldn't mind if I end up asking you a few questions down the road about what's in our area? And Konotashi, from being around animals for so long, there's one thing they have shown me- they are the embodiment of the phrase, "You learn something new everyday!" :D

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
welcome I am also from CT:)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You have the right idea and a good start to responsible pet ownership-learning all you can before you purchase. That is smart.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Just have to ask why the screen name Hawkeye.....

My GSD is called Hawkeye, so I'm just curious. Here's a pic of my boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Jakoda, I may end up using you as well if you don't mind. It's good to see there are plenty of people within the northeast on here. :)

Maggie, thank you for the suggestion. I have crammed my brain with all the "What to look for in a Breeder" information out there. I will definitely be browsing through that section and referencing it as well as I go.

Thank you, Leslie. I am still young, and my family hasn't been the best example in learning beforehand, so I will be breaking that trend. I have learned from my parents mistakes, (apparently no matter how old you get, you still learn from them), and I am determined not to repeat them. However, all of our animals have been happy and healthy in our home. We just tend to like to jump in head first, which I am learning isn't always the best approach to certain things- owning a dog being one of them.

DF, its actually a little embarrassing. Um, I am not the typical person that likes this, but I do on occasion enjoy it. Hawkeye is actually from a character name Lt. Hawkeye on an anime seriers called Full Metal Alchemist that I just finished watching- some of them are actually really interesting and just suck you in. I hate coming up with screen names, and it was the first thing that popped into my head. She was actually a very awesome character and had great loyalty to her commander, so it seemed to be a good idea considering its a website about German Shepherds. But your Hawkeye is quite the handsome boy. He looks gorgeous. :)

I hope to come across you all as I start my research on this breed.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
no problem, feel free to email me anytime I'd be glad to help:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts