German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I am Mika and getting a 4 month old German Shepard puppy,a male.I had one for 14 year good years,had to make the not very easy decision to put it down in March.Back legs started to give out.Getting the puppy from a friend of mine's dad whom breeds German Shepherds.Originally from Germany and now a legal USA citizen since 1995,grew up with this dog breed as kid and still my favorite dog breed now at 41

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last one,I saw the look on his face it was time for him to go and I gave him a good life.Was a rescue,couple that got him couldn't raise him.Only knew the commands in German and luckily I know the German langauge.Have his ashes in an urn.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thank you for doing the right thing before it was an emergency, not enough do.
Good luck with your new GSD, 4 months is a fun age,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for doing the right thing before it was an emergency, not enough do.
Good luck with your new GSD, 4 months is a fun age,
I did not want to see my previous GSD suffer anymore.His name was Diesel and was very smart.Knew my mom very well when she came over to visit.Always had a dog treat with her and he knew where it was,in her purse

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello,I am Mika and getting a 4 month old German Shepard puppy,a male.I had one for 14 year good years,had to make the not very easy decision to put it down in March.Back legs started to give out.Getting the puppy from a friend of mine's dad whom breeds German Shepherds.Originally from Germany and now a legal USA citizen since 1995,grew up with this dog breed as kid and still my favorite dog breed now at 41
Hi - yeah that's never easy. I have a 12 yr old Rough Collie and she's maybe on her last summer. Glad you are getting another pup!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts