German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! After 15-20yrs of waiting, I have finally gotten a GSD!

When I was a kid living in Colorado, I fell in love with the breed after I found and abandoned, starving & possibly abused shepherd on my paper route. My family couldn't have another dog at that time, but my parents let me keep him & care for him until I could find him a good home. I worked with him every day and he absolutely blossomed. I found him a great home just down the street from where I lived and he went on to become a SAR dog. After that, I volunteered for a German shepherd rescue group until we moved away from Colorado.

I have always held on to my love of the breed. This year my husband surprised me by suggesting the time was right to get my dream dog :) And this last Sunday I picked my new buddy "Lucca" up from the breeder. He is 11 wks old and has a wonderful personality so far. Smart, observant, and playful. We'll be starting puppy classes sometime soon, and depending on how things go I would like to get involved in either agility or nose work... or maybe both :D

We have one other dog, Riley, who is a 6 yr old spayed lab/GSD mix. We adopted her from a rescue group in Montana when she was 9 wks old. I love taking her hiking (she has her own backpack lol) and I can't wait until the pup is old enough to join us. I also keep several species of garter snakes- they make pretty cool pets :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!
I'm glad you finally got your dream pup! It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with Lucca
He's very cute, BTW :)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Welcome! We skied Jackson Hole years ago and I absolutely loved WY.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone I love this site!

Lily's Master, I drove through Casper to get Lucca :) I live in Sheridan & picked him up in Cheyenne. That was one nasty cold windy day. Left here at 7am and got back at about 7:30pm. Outside of Cheyenne the winds were 50+ mph, and that's how I settled on the pup's registered name- Lucca Von Cyclone, lol!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks everyone I love this site!

Lily's Master, I drove through Casper to get Lucca :) I live in Sheridan & picked him up in Cheyenne. That was one nasty cold windy day. Left here at 7am and got back at about 7:30pm. Outside of Cheyenne the winds were 50+ mph, and that's how I settled on the pup's registered name- Lucca Von Cyclone, lol!
Yes its been a really bad couple weeks here. Right now we are getting a break from the snow. We have about a foot and half of it, sat and sun are suppose to bring more. My dog is going crazy from being locked up in the house for almost 2 weeks. Cant wait till summer! Very fitting and cute name you gave your pup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts