German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Ray and I live in North Central Wisconsin on a small 80 acre farm. My current dog is an unknown GSD mix (3/4 GSD, 1/4 unknown) named Tash. To me he is an amazing animal, but that doesn’t mean I think he is anywhere close to perfect either. In the future I want to obtain a WLGSD to be trained as an all around working dog. Similar to what the breed was originally intended for. Perhaps with a bit more obedience and agility than envisioned though.

I have always been interested in the working line GSDs but rarely see one around here, other than the various mixes and such. Most actual breeders close to me are show line, but if I travel a bit farther (up to and including neighboring states) there are some very nice working line breeders…so there is hope! :)

The two closest clubs to my location are both an hour drive away…in opposite directions too. :mad: And they are opento all breeds, with few GSDs... So for me training will be done with the supervision of a friend’s vet who happens to train Schutzhund GSDs in addition to being a great vet, as well as to the usual solo training.

Anyway if you have any questions about myself, my current or past animals, or anything else just ask.

And how good is an introduction without a picture of the furbaby...

Tash just saw a chipmunk (his arch nemesis around the farm) -

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome to your and Tash! He is sure handsome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Welcome. Tash sure is handsome!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all.

I haven't been to Merrill since I was a teen. It is about an hour's drive away. Why is it that everything is an hour away? Lol We used to do some business up in that area. I remember riding with my grandpa on some back road up there seeing some old farmer walking his dog. To this day I swear that the dog was the size of a small horse! Haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently my membership was removed, and I just had to re-register.

Anyway...

Welcome Ray from another NC Wi resident. FYI we have a SchH club that meets in Minocqua, and we're hosting the regional championships in early Sept.
That is great to hear. Unfortunately your club is even farther away for me. I am west of Wausau aways. Still, it never hurts to know where to go in a few years when I have a GSD pup. Thank you for the information. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts