German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Been awhile since I've had a GS. Around 31 years to be exact. Last one was an all black GS. He was a great dog that I, after seeing The Jungle Book, named Sher Khan...odd name for a German dog, I know, but I was 5. Current one is named Alexandra, and she has a pretty good blood line:

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, she is adoreable! :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! Alexandra is adorable. I just love all that puppy fluff.

·
Registered
282 Posts
She's a doll! Welcome from Fredericksburg!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Alexandra is adorable. I just love all that puppy fluff.

Thank you! She was an outdoor dog from birth until I picked her up so she has fluff plus a winter coat since I got her in Indianapolis. Fortunately the house we live in stays around 65 degrees, so she's not burning up, but she can't be held for long before she starts over heating.

My cat is willing to sleep by her as long as she's crated. Having a bit of trouble with my older dog. He's not exactly fond of her energy and doesn't want much to do with her outside of her playpen or crate. He's getting better though. He use to not even walk near her. He has, however, learned that she does spill her food and it gets out of her playpen where she eats, so he hangs out there around feeding time for her. She has also learned that if she's calm, he's less likely to take off, so she has learned to calm down a bit, but it usually takes her 5-10 minutes to calm down :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Welcome from Richmond. What a cutie!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts