German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, feel free to call me Addie. My husband and I (altho he will say they are all my "fault" lol) own 5 dogs at the moment, all mutts, but in a couple of weeks were bringing home a male GSD puppy! We actually just went and put the deposit on him yesterday and I'm counting down the days till hes home. So far no name has been picked for sure, but so far I've come up with Spartan, Loki or Crixus, have a little bit to decide.

Anyway nice to meet you all and looking forward to sharing my little ones growing up journey.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome! So cute! We thought about the name Loki also, but I was surprised at how many times I came across that name, particularly in GSD's, while doing research and reading various publications. Literally came across the name, Loki, 5 different times in a 72 hour period, from a coworker with a GSD named Loki, to a Facebook feed story, to a pic of a GSD at a local shelter. Very popular name for some reason.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! So cute! We thought about the name Loki also, but I was surprised at how many times I came across that name, particularly in GSD's, while doing research and reading various publications. Literally came across the name, Loki, 5 different times in a 72 hour period, from a coworker with a GSD named Loki, to a Facebook feed story, to a pic of a GSD at a local shelter. Very popular name for some reason.
Yeah I actually noticed that yesterday and it turned me away from the name. I think I'm gunna go with Spartan ?

You aren't far from me. Where are you getting your puppy from?
Not to far from us, about 2 towns over, still in chenango county. Heard about her/met with her threw a friend of ours and without there ok I dont feel right giving out names

·
Registered
225 Posts
My last GSD was named Rogue, like the x-men character. When picking a name for our new pup the name Storm was suggested for me but it is EVERYWHERE. Also Rogue was popular among GSDs and we didn't realize it ahead of time. Spartan is a great name! I can't wait to see what adventures you have with your new guy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My last GSD was named Rogue, like the x-men character. When picking a name for our new pup the name Storm was suggested for me but it is EVERYWHERE. Also Rogue was popular among GSDs and we didn't realize it ahead of time. Spartan is a great name! I can't wait to see what adventures you have with your new guy.
Thank you ? the wait to get him is driving me nuts lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your soon to be new pup! So cute! Cant wait to see more pictures!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Thank you ? I should be going to visit him again today so more pics to come!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts