German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all I am new here so be gentle lol I am currently looking for a german shepherd dog for security work I been doing security for 13 years mostly detaining shoplifters but I have decided to adventure out and become a security dog handler so I am looking for loads of advice and support

thanks all

cymru guard dogs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie! This is day #10 since I got Maisey, my GSD puppy. Not only is she my first GSD, but she's also my first dog. I've found everyone here to be quite helpful to the uninformed like me.

BTW, my roots are in Wales and I was lucky enough to have visited the country several years ago. It's absolutely beautiful! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maisey is a delightful puppy, but she sure does keep me on my toes! I guess you could say we're learning everything together because I don't know any more about her world than she does about mine. Eventually Maisey will be my service dog, trained to alert for seizures and to help me navigate my way down stairs and curbs. I'm hoping that by bonding with her early on, the training process will be that much easier in the long run.

Have you begun looking for a GSD for security work?

My maternal grandmother's family came from the area around Swansea and settled in New York in 1642. The family is still in the same area in New York, a town so small that it is classified as a hamlet -- something you don't find very often in the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts