German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your search...lots of good info on breeders and what to look for here!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
:welcome: Kimbie! I have a long-coat male gsd so I can understand why you would are looking for one :)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you find exactly what you're looking for. When you do get your puppy (or dog) don't forget, we love pictures!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are planning to see a breeder on Wed or Thurs this week has they have 3 long coat boys left, we have been researching getting a dog for a while nearly two years after we met some Leonberger after the research was too big really, so we then looked at either a golden retriever or a GSD, however finding the colour we want on the retriever on a non-working line was impossible, but we love the long coat GSD's

Though still need to narrow the name list down, currently sat at over 25 names, though some I'm not allowed so she says as names like dog, bob, Fetchy Mcfetcherson, Awesome Dog are all vetoed but no idea why lol

But yes once we have the pup will be lots of pics of the fluff ball, we also live near a brilliant pet shop and we know the staff and owners really well, we are referred to as "The Ventura" we also have a really good vet nearby though we use them mostly for the exotics department for our rabbits and hamsters.

Thanks for the kind words

Kimbie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you sure you want a long haired male GSD? Every time you go for a walk you are going to be stopped and asked, "is that a German Shepherd? How old is he? How much does he way? He is gorgeous...is he Friendly?" (code for OMG I want to touch that fur).
Oh yes very sure, gont get me wrong a short hair german shepard looks lovely, but there is something in my opinion a long hair looks more majestic :)

Kimbie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the ball of floof is being picked up on Sunday on th way back from camping weekend then off to the pet shop to get supplies lol

Met the mum and she was large and floofy and amazing temperament dad was away “working”

Photos and a name once we have decided will follow along with more info

Thanks for your advice

Kimbie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts