German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been browsing the forums for a while now and finally introducing our girl Josie just turned 16 weeks a few days ago.
She is my first German Shepherd and the youngest of 4 fur balls. She an older sister Haylie (10 year old Jack Russell Terrier), and 2 older feline siblings.
It has been probably 3 decades since I’ve raised a puppy so needless to say the first couple of months were rough. I realize my body can not handle interrupted sleep like it did in the past.
She is sleeping through the night now, in bed by 1030 and wakes up close to 5am. Hoping she sleeps in until 6am soon. Mommas an early bird but not that early lol!
We have settled into a routine now. We train twice a day on the weekends about 10 to 15 minutes per session and three times a day weekends. Walks are twice a day weekdays and an added hike on Saturdays.
Our breeder saw my Instagram post walking and helped us out in training Josie how to walk properly. Structured walks I think is what it’s called? She still has some trouble when dogs lunge or bark at us but way easier to redirect now.
I haven’t started feeding her raw, advised by our breeder to cook the food until her adult teeth come in.

Haylie and I are both amazed at how fast Josie’s grown! I think the cats are wondering when she’ll stop growing lol.

This forum has been so helpful! Looking forward to contributing in the future!

And before momma forgets.. pictures!

A few days after she came home..

First hike Christmas Day...

After one of our training sessions...

Learning how to watch...

More recent hiking pictures

From the recent snow storm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome.. she's got an exceptional head....love those ears..:smile2:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Gorgeous pup! I'm envious of living in Arizona. Sedona is beautiful. We lived in Tucson for many years and I will always miss it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hello from the low desert! I love Sedona. I am only in Tucson under duress.

Reactions: xthine

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a beauty. Gorgeous!

Hello from Tempe, Arizona. My Jupiter is 17 weeks. Weather has been in the 70s the last few days.

Hello to you and Jupiter! Sounds like lovely weather you have there :)

Hello from the low desert! I love Sedona. I am only in Tucson under duress.

Awww! Been to Tucson only once and liked it, would go often it were closer.

Gorgeous pup! I'm envious of living in Arizona. Sedona is beautiful. We lived in Tucson for many years and I will always miss it.

Hello Judy Untamed, thank you! Josie has been growing up fast and grows prettier everyday :wub: There is something about living in the desert, rugged beauty!

Hello. Good looking pup! Luv Sedona

Thank you Ausdland! :grin2:

Beautiful pup and like said above landscape! Glad you're enjoying each other!

Thank you Readaboutdogs! We have been having a blast! Can't wait until she gets bigger and stronger so i can show her more trails in town and maybe venture out to Flagstaff.

:happyboogie:

What an adorable puppy, and what a breathtaking landscape!

Thank you sebrench! It can literally be breathtaking up here,, steep and rock trails at times :wild:

Great pics, thanks.

Glad you like them Max Rockatansky!

Welcome.. she's got an exceptional head....love those ears..:smile2:

Thank you Shane's Dad! Same here :wub:.. she is an absolute joy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts