German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my name is Jessica and I am from So.Cal. I am the happy mom of a 5 year old GSD who I just adopted from the shelter yesterday. This isn't my first time adopting a shepherd. My first one was a 5 year old Bi-Color who was named Leia. She passed away from cancer a few years back. Finally after 2 years of grieving and just not finding the right GSD, I went to the shelter and I found my new girl, Harley. A little about Harley or well what I know from the shelter!

She is around 5 years old and what is funny the guess her birthday to be September 3rd which is mine so that works for me as we can celebrate together! She is very gentle and so great with kids, she loves my children and is great around other dogs, she tends to honestly just ignore them. She is great in a leash as well. She does great in the car and that works out because my children and I are big on hiking, fishing and camping! She seems to enjoy being outside more than anything. Though I am not sure if she is considered black and tan or more of a sable though I lean more toward the black and tan.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Welcome Jessica, and Congratulations on finding your new girl! Please post some pictures when you can!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
:welcome: Jessica with Harley!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be making a picture post once I get some of the pictures I took downloaded but thank you for the welcomes! It is really nice to have a GSD again. Harley has been nothing but amazing and definitely blowing me out of the water with what she knows and how she behaves. We decided Harley instead of sunny because of my love for Harley Quinn haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you and I promise I will post pictures as soon as it will let me as well! It says I need 3 posts in order to post pictures so hopefully after my last one and this one get approved I will be able to post pictures here as well as make a picture thread! I do plan on taking progress pictures of her. Even though she doesn't look in to bad of shape, I do believe she may need a little more weight and definitely some muscle. With how active myself and my kids are with camping, fishing and hiking as well as traveling it will do her good to get muscle and the stamina and I plan to start building that up for her with time. Plus she needs a bath haha! but that will have to wait until she is healed up from being spayed, but I will be giving her a good brushing and using some free pet wipes I got from the shelter to her her smell a bit better and get some of the excess dirt off as well before I brush her. If I can get her to stop being my shadow I am also going to try to get some good side, front and back pictures so I can compare with time for her progress photos. She is definitely in a bit better shape then my first GSD when I adopted her. She reminds me of my first with her disposition and seeming to know when my anxiety flares up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts