German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Im new here....obviously! lol When I was a kid my dad had a Husky/GSD mix and Ive always wanted a GSD of my own but never found the right one. Well Im now in my late 20s and wouldnt you know it one just appears in my front yard!! We found her because she was being fiercely dominated by another puppy. I live out of town by about 20-30 minutes (Ive got horses) and no one in my area ever saw the pups and it was determined that they were infact dumped out here which sadly happens WAY to much anymore. One pup looked all GSD to me and the other too but what has thrown me for a loop is that she was silver in color kinds like a husky or malamute but she had a distinct GSD slant which from my knowledge is usually "kicked out" when I GSD is mixed right?? We have no idea if the pups were related or not and the silver one was re-homed but I kept the other one. We have named her Izzy and she has settled into our home here like she was meant to! We love her to bits and so do my other 2 dogs (a Brittany Spaniel male and a Boxer/Pit/Vizsla female) :) Here are a few pics!

this is the silver pup that I was talking about

and the pup that we kept...this is how skinny she was....this was only seconds after we found her and yes those are her hip bones :(

poor skinny Izzy

with my other dogs about a week after...she has grown ALOT since this pic and is 25+ pounds and only 13 weeks this week (she was 22lbs at 11 weeks but was still skinny)

And here she is now only 2 weeks later!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
welcome! awesome little find wasn't it? at least she got a good home

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! And yes she has been a complete joy. I call her my little diamond in the rough because she is seriously the most grateful and humble puppy....she is just perfect! Do yall think she looks purebred?

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
She is cute. She *looks* older than 13 weeks based on the coat looking like an adult coat to me. Def some GSD but looks like a mix to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is cute. She *looks* older than 13 weeks based on the coat looking like an adult coat to me. Def some GSD but looks like a mix to me.
She has just started loosing her puppy coat around her neck area and still has her itty bitty needle sharp puppy teeth. Ive had several people age her including a vet and at that time she was just getting her back molars in so he said she was 10-12 weeks and that was 2 weeks ago and I had just put her smack in the middle at 11 weeks which would put her at 13 weeks this week. She still had puppy breath when he found her too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also her ears are coming up...found one up yesterday morning for a bit and then it went down again and last night they were both up for a little while :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts