German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Im happy to finally be part of a GSD forum. A little about myself; Im a 21 year old guy and I LOVE German Shepherds!!! :D

Currently, however, i do not own a GSD but im looking to buy one very soon! Ive been doing lots of research but i still need some help finding a breeder! :/

If you think you can give me some help and input your opinion on what kind of GSD im looking for then please read my new thread that still has no replies :( !

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/general-information/150577-help-finding-breeder.html

Ive already been exploring around on this forum and I know im going to learning a lot from all of you experienced GSD owners! :wub:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi CXVII, i'm new to the forum too, and i'm in pretty much the same predicament as you, still a student in So Cal, and desperately wanting a GSD of my very own.

I've been doing a bit of research myself, and since I am of course on a student budget (as i'm sure you understand), and since I like the concept of saving an animal, i'm looking to rescue, and that might be something you can look into.

Here's on rescue site with plenty of absolutely gorgeous German Shepherds:

Coastal German Shepherd Rescue

I'm guilty of spending why too much time going through available dogs and here's one that describes the look you want, but not sure about the age or personality

Baron

Good Luck with your search and do post pics when you get one of your own!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I'm sorry I can't offer any breeder advice. Just wanted to say Welcome!

Jan

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome to both, CXVIII and timmster.

Sorry I can't give you any help with the breeder subject, but hello to both of you. :greet:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Southern Californian,
if you are wanting a rich black and red dog you are wanting a West German Showline, like my dog in my avatar, and the slope you see is the show stand, it exagerates the topline, I love my dog to death and he can do anything I want, and than some. I know some breeders if you are interested, but as you can see, they have lots of dogs in rescues as well that would be suitable, here in California particularly, we have some gorgeous dogs in rescue. Good luck to both of you guys in your search!!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts