German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks just wanted to say hi, we just adopted a 1.5 yo GSD. We have been told she is a mix with a husky, not sure but she is a beauty. Pics to follow. We picked her up last night and has been a trooper, working well with the family and being a very good girl. She seems to be adapting well to her new surroundings and has been a joy. Her name is Yoshi, no name change since she knows it. She slept in her crate last night after a bit of frustration on her part, obviously not previous crate trained. I found the forum trying to find GSD info on the web and found tons of good info here, thank you. I look forward to the info you have to share and hope to share our experiences with our new girl.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hi and welcome. I grew up in Buffalo and I have family in Irondequoit. Rochester is a really nice city. A 1.5 yo dog is the perfect age to adopt - past the puppy stage but still young enough to have a lot of energy.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hi from Florida, I am also from Rochester, but ran away to better weather! Family is still up there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes, yes she was a rescue of sorts. Her owners had lost their job and home and were unable to keep her. I stumbled upon her picture online and fell in love, brought her home last night. Just returned from the vet for a once over, so far she is a very happy healthy GSD. I'll post some pics today, have about 6 different cameras to get pics off of.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, will be watching for pics of your girl. :greet:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Yoshi is very pretty. I think I see kelpie in her facial markings but I am pretty clueless about that kind of thing so don't take my word for it :)

I have spent lots of time in Rochester, used to go to the Henrietta Mall a couple times a year for a big shopping trip with my mom. It was always so windy there!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for stepping up to care for this little girl.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just looked that up and I think you may be on to something, pics online looked like a match to me. I live in Greece straight up 390 from the Henrietta mall, small world isn't it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts