German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm in Ottawa, ON looking for a GSD puppy. I had to recently put my last GSD down at 9 years of age. It was very sad and I'm finally getting over it and ready for my next best friend. I was looking at other breeds like a poodle, goldendoodle, or doberman because of the massive hair shedding issue but I keep coming back to the GSD. They are just so awesome.

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello! I'm sorry to hear about losing your 9 year old. I lost my Rosco last year to cancer at 8 years old. He wasn't a GSD but he was a lab/beagle mix, and a great dog and friend. It took me about 6 months before I could consider another dog, and I still had (have) my 8 year old dachshund, Spunky. I really missed my larger comforting buddy. About a month ago, I added Ava to our family. She's apx 3 1/2 months old, and my first GSD. So far, she's great! A really smart pup. If she would stop biting us with her razor teeth I would be even more happy with her! lol

Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello! I'm sorry for you loss. You must've made a lot of wonderful memories with your GSD to keep coming back to wanting another despite the shedding. I used to think I knew shedding with the Retrievers, the Dalmatian (darn hair was like needles weaving into everything) and the shepherd/rottie mix but then enter our Great Pyrenees...turns out, I knew nothing!! I might start taking it to get spun into yarn :D

Anyway, welcome again and please come back and share your next best friend once you find them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts