German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I are looking into getting a second dog (probably not for at least another year or two), but he has his heart set on a GSD so I figures I would start doing research now because I would prefer not to get a working breed of dog like the GSD without knowing what I am going to get myself into. Right now we have a Golden that we rescued a little over a year ago and just bought a house about three months ago so I finally have a yard (YAY! :doggieplayball:). Now my bf wants to get the dog for Personal Protection, but he knows nothing about dogs (our Golden Felix is his first dog) and I have never owned a GSD let alone trained a dog for personal Protection so I am a fish out of water in this subject.

Now for some pics of Felix even though he is not a GSD

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
:welcome: Greetings from Central Florida!!!

Felix is a beautiful pup!!!

Good luck with your search for information about GSDs, there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here who I'm sure will be able to help you!!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Felix looks like a sweetie. Congrats on your decision, and that's awesome that you're researching the breed BEFORE you own one.

This forum is a great resource. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Welcome from another Orlando resident! I also started out with golden retrievers, my family raised them for many years when I was a kid. Awesome breed!!! I love that happy go lucky expression they all have! Felix is adorable!

GSDs are amazing too. Very different, but they are just so easy to fall in love with!! You'll learn a great deal of information from here! Lots of very knowledgeable members. There's so much to this breed, which makes it so much fun to learn about and research. I do want another golden eventually... but this house will definitely never be without a GSD.

As a side note.
My trainer (Storm's breeder) is here in Orlando as well (by Oviedo/Christmas). I train in Schutzhund and personal protection with him. He has about 2 litters a year. All are working line GSDs. Also a great place to learn and understand the sport and the breed. Anyway, if you want some information, I can PM you his information.

Welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from another Orlando resident! I also started out with golden retrievers, my family raised them for many years when I was a kid. Awesome breed!!! I love that happy go lucky expression they all have! Felix is adorable!

GSDs are amazing too. Very different, but they are just so easy to fall in love with!! You'll learn a great deal of information from here! Lots of very knowledgeable members. There's so much to this breed, which makes it so much fun to learn about and research. I do want another golden eventually... but this house will definitely never be without a GSD.

As a side note.
My trainer (Storm's breeder) is here in Orlando as well (by Oviedo/Christmas). I train in Schutzhund and personal protection with him. He has about 2 litters a year. All are working line GSDs. Also a great place to learn and understand the sport and the breed. Anyway, if you want some information, I can PM you his information.

Welcome to the forum! :)

That would be nice. I don't know how soon I would be contacting him, but it would be nice to have on hand

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Hello and Welcome, felix is adorable :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for local breeder

I recently moved to the Orlando area and am looking for another GSD. Do you know any good breeders in the area?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts