German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First time GSD owner here.

Attached you see pictures of Cobalt. We picked her up from a rescue on Oct 22nd.

I have done a bit of reading and searching online, but I do have some general questions I will post here.

When we picked her up, the rescuer estimated her to be about 8weeks old. However we are not sure because he weight just isn't where it should be based on some links I found online. Our vet said not to worry that as long as she is eating and is energetic, she will be OK.

My second worry about age is with some of the books I read and a few websites, it talkes about general age guidelines to work with the dogs on training.

My overall concern is trying to isolate her age and making sure I am doing everything right. Can anyone comment about how old or if you think she may or may not be a GSD PB?

This picture was taken this morning. I put the Wii controller in there to give an idea of her size. Last weekend at the vet, she weighed in at just under 9lbs @ the estimated 10week mark.

Books I have:
The Art of Rasing A Puppy, by The Monks of New Skete
How to be your dogs best friend, by the Monds of New Skete
(I have an other book but it is at work so I dont remember the title or author).

Link for photo: Picasa Web Albums - NightHunter92403 - Cobalt

I will try to add more photos in the daylight.

Thanks tons!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy. She is so cute!! You will many helpful people and information on this site. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Congratulations! She's so cute and I like that name. She looks about 8 wks from the pics, maybe a week older. You can begin training at any time! Try some puppy classes- they usually include pups from 8-16 wks so the sooner the better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts