German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to officially say hello since I have been a lurker for awhile. :eek:

We recently suffered through the agonizingly cruel disease of Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) with our beloved rescue GSD, Einstein. Actually, we suffered; he was oblivious until the end, which was a godsend because he was such an amazing boy. When I said rescue GSD, I meant HE rescued us and just let us think it was the other way around. When Einstein left us in March, I didn't think I would ever be able to get through my grief. Then a tiny fluff-ball with the same attitude as Einstein bounded up to me and demanded to come home. Needless to say, at 7 weeks, he keeps me busy around the clock and would have made his big brother, Einstein, proud.

It's been so long since I've had a GSD pup that I forgot about all of the little nuances and stages (and chew toys) they go through. This is gonna be an interesting ride!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome aboard!:)
Great to welcome another New Yorker! Sorry for your loss. It's never an easy thing to endure.

I'm sure you will enjoy your experience with your new puppy - what's better than puppy breath?!

Stick with us - we'll help you to get through the "puppy" stage with minimum stress and maximum fun!:):)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Welcome! Sorry for your loss. It's especially sad to read since my dog's name is Einstein as well. But good luck to you with your new puppy. And oh, the forum gods demand pictures or your posts will be ignored! :) kidding, but we'd love to see pics

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Hello fellow New Yorker! :) So sorry for your loss. Congrats on the new one. I've got an 11 year old and a 3 month old. (ugh ... getting too old for this) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts