German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say "hello". After 5 long years of waiting (while in school) I FINALLY got my dream dog, Faust (GSD), ~5 months old (hitting the 'Terrible 5's).

I just wanted to say, that after reading several of your forum threads over the last 4-5 days, I am both overwhelmed and pleasantly surprised... this site is a gold mine of knowledge and experience.

A bit about myself, I am currently a second year vet student, and while I am quite adept at medicine, after getting my dog, I realized how much practical information I was lacking (like, how much to feed my dog :) ).

Not to mention, so far, vet school has been extremely lacking in the fields of behavior and nutrition; which is sad, as I can see that they seem to be some of the biggest issues I (and I assume others) have, esp. with GSD's.

While my time constraints are currently huge, I hope to become a regular (probably Q asker, but they who knows) on these forums. Certainly plan on using the knowledge gained here to supplement my formal education.

Enough about me, here are some pictures of my 'boy'.

Getting Wet

Being cute

Learning not to be an ass to other dogs

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Awww look at that baby he is adorable congrats:) Also a big congrats on getting into vet school I know how competitive the field is. Nutrition and behavior are definitely lacking in educational settings for dogs but learning now will help you help your future clients and colleagues.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Hi there - :welcome: aboard. You've got a nice looking boy - keep the photos coming. Where in NY do you hail from?

Congrats on your efforts to get your DVM. :):)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the kind words; EJQ, I am from NYC, Brooklyn initially; although I see N. Jersey in my future (bit of land would be nice), and while I am not going to miss the state of MS, I do love all the rural areas.

Will post some more pictures when I can find them.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts