German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My name is Kelly and I’m the lucky owner of my handsome 8 month old full DDR GSD Axel. Axel will be a year old at the end of October. He’s a total handful, crazy, energy for days little-big alligator that’s completely stolen my heart. He challenges me everyday and I love him for it. He’s been the perfect addition to my fur family and my two Huskies, Nicky and Hayden absolutely love him (most of the time). My 16 year old Yorkie, Max has a different opinion towards Axel, but it’s okay! They have a love/hate relationship, but more hate haha. Axel looks after his smaller big brother and I adore him for that. My Maine **** cat, Sparta is still adjusting to Axel and his never ending energy. My horse Tara could care less about Axel. He likes to graze with her and it cracks me up.

Axel has been trained by Ridgeside K9 and I am completely blown away with his transformation! Words can’t express my gratitude to my trainer. Axel is so amazing now!

My plans for Axel are still very much up in the air. I originally wanted to do some type of sport work with him, but I’m beginning to think it’s more time consuming than what I can offer, but the idea is still in the back of my mind. I’m just not sure how to go about getting started. I’m a complete noob to this, as Axel is my first true working dog. If sport work isn’t in the cards for us, then I’m open to doing something else with him. I feel like he’s bored with just basic obedience.

Anyway, it’s great to be part of this community and I can’t wait to meet other GSD owners!

When I figure out how to upload pictures from my phone, then I will post!

For now, Axel’s Instagram name is : nicky_hayden_69

Feel free to follow and we will follow back!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and welcome! I enjoyed reading your intro, loved the photographs, Axel is gorgeous. He looks like lots of fun. Good luck in all your pursuits with him. Let us know what you try, and how he likes it. If you’re interested in sport, hooking up with a good local club is probably the first step. Sounds like you have a great animal family!

·
Registered
875 Posts
He's beautiful....Love his markings........:welcome: to the forum....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Yes, looking for a good club is something I’ve been researching for a while now. I met a super nice lady at a car show last month with awesome contacts! She gave me her card and I’m pretty sure it got thrown out by mistake ?

I ran into a man at the pet store with a beautiful gsd pup that told me about a club he joined, but I’ve had no luck in finding a Facebook group page or any info online regarding contacting/joining. I’m hoping this forum has some locals that could point me in the right direction. **fingers crossed**

Hello and welcome! I enjoyed reading your intro, loved the photographs, Axel is gorgeous. He looks like lots of fun. Good luck in all your pursuits with him. Let us know what you try, and how he likes it. If you’re interested in sport, hooking up with a good local club is probably the first step. Sounds like you have a great animal family!

·
Banned
20 Posts
Hi Kelly,

I am located in Northern VA as well, specifically, Fairfax, VA. Please PM me for details on IGP/Schutzhund clubs you can join in Northern VA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts