German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Been lurking for awhile and have picked up some great tips.
Shadow is my third GSD. We recently (6 months ago) adopted her from a rescue. She turned one year last Friday. Aside from the normal puppy things (chewing, etc) she is an absolute delight. Loves everyone she meets and not a mean bone in her body considering her ruff
start in life. There's only two real problems we have with her. One is that she is terrified of water. Pool, tub, hose, she's scared to death. Giving her a bath is a nightmare. Hopefully, I will be able to find a way to allieviate this fear as we love to spend time in our backyard pool and at the beach fishing. The other is that she goes crazy, shrill almost screaming barking, when she sees another large dog. This reaction is purely friendly, as she desperately wants to play ( toddler syndrome
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
) No amout of reinforcement training has helped to allieviate this.
We also have 2 older pugs and a cockateil. Our last shepherd, Nikki, we lost 10/8/07 to SSA at 12 yrs old. It only took 3 months to realize I couldn't live without a GSD in my life. I still miss Nikki terribly, but as I type this, Shadow is nudging my hand for a pet. I'm looking forward to learning ,as well as contributing to this site.
A good weekend to all, Jeanine
Ok spent half an hour trying but can't figure out how to add a pic.

·
Registered
618 Posts
WELCOME!!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

To new to walk you on how to post a pic. You have to put your pictures in Photbucket, I do know that. I think there are instructions on a thread above this one. If not I am sure some nice person will be along to help you soon.
It takes time with the issues, you are in the right place to get help. Still working with my Shadow too. When he barks at dogs, it is only certain ones for some reason. I put him in a sit and it seems to calm him.
Good luck!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Welcome!
I'm in Mercer County NJ. There are instructions in the picture section how to post. It's not too hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts