German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm a longtime lover of the GSD breed. I had a puppy, but unfortunately she had to be put down a few months ago. At five months she went lame with severe CHD. I had made the uninformed mistake of buying from a BYB and will never do it again. Now, the wound is healed enough that I am tentatively exploring breeders in and around NC, I probably won't be ready to buy a pup until this fall, but want to go ahead and start my researching.

If anyone knows of any reputable working breed breeders, let me know! I had bought Heidi to get into Schutzhund (She was perfect for it)and am looking for another pup to start training with.

Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's heart breaking to lose a puppy. If you go into the breeder section and post what you are looking for, I'm sure you will get plenty of replies!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much. That was a week before she went lame. She was such a cool dog. Eventually I'll find another one with that perfect mix of working/companionship.

Thanks for the welcomes!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello and welcome, sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
sorry for your loss. That cant have been easy to lose a puppy. welcome to the board and best of luck in your search!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! She was a beautiful girl. I love black shepherds. It is never easy to lose a dog much less a puppy. We want to see pics when you do find your new puppy. Good luck in your search.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The picture you have looks just like a picture I took of my black pup (Heidi) and Otis my black and tan. Too cute. I think I want a white shepherd this time, but who knows? I really just want a dog that was as good as Heidi was.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The picture you have looks just like a picture I took of my black pup (Heidi) and Otis my black and tan. Too cute. I think I want a white shepherd this time, but who knows? I really just want a dog that was as good as Heidi was.

Yea, today I was trying to take a picture of them together to update my avatar photo. I try to do that as Jamie Lee gets bigger, but neither of them were cooperating and I did not have the patience today. I will try again on another day it is so hard to get one good photo of them together like that.

It will take time and patience for you to find your new puppy. You just keep searching and you will find the right one for you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I found some beautiful dogs over here in NC and I'm thinking about making a daytrip to visit the kennel and see how the dogs are. Litter won't be due until late spring, which is no biggie. I'm in no rush to get a pup this very second, lol.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Welcome!

Sorry to hear about your baby. It's heartbreaking when you loose them well before their time.

If you are looking to get into schH and perfer the working lines (your my kinda gal! ;) ) then I would suggest you find your local schH club (might be a bit of drive) and talk to some of the members. They usually can point you in the right direction as to reptuable breeders in the area.

Also, visiting the clubs gives you a good idea of what you want (you can meet the dogs, watch them work, talk to the helpers and owners, etc.) in a dog so I really suggest looking at different bloodlines and doing some research before hand.

Good luck with your search!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts