German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rapunzel (4 year old daughter named her. Hey! Why not!) just want to say this is the first forum I have joined and looking to hopefully learn as much as I can from others to have a happy, healthy, and most of all stable GSD (mixed) family pet. Yes I say mixed because the person I acquired her from said his female was registered but the male (neighbors dog who has good markings but fairly large) was not. Of course I have never owned a registered animal in my life and seem to be happy with that fact. Just one question: my puppy is 7 weeks old and will start training next week. What is a good nutritious treat to use during training. I have used cooked beef hot dogs in the past but got yelled at by a vet. Also looking to network with folks in the area to fully socialize her. My neighbor has two Pekingese's and they are not socialized at all. Took me a year to make friends with one of the two.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
haha I love the name Rapunzel. Cute but not the easiest call name LOL. At puppy classes small pieces of string mozarella cheese was considered a super treat. They also used small pieces of cut up hot dog. Used as a treat, I don't see a problem with it. But hey I'm not a vet :)

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, we love pics if you would like to share.:greet:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are calling her punzel for short. As far as treats I never though of using motz cheese that's and awesome super treat. As far as the hotdogs I have always used them as treats but the vet I was talking to said that they are loaded with preservatives and could be harmful to their health. However this nut also believes that the only dog food you should use is that mess that has to be refrigerated. I love my dog but she is not going to eat better than me. That just my opinion. As far as pictures goes they are on the way.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts