German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm the proud owner of Trigger and Trooper; actually they own me. The two male littermate GSD's now 9 months young recently told me they feel ready to engage in a higher level of training. Therein lies the reason for my joining the site. There is so much contradictory information on the internet about GSD training, that I have totally confused myself. In all fairness to them, I'll limit my searching to this site for the voice of experience.

Tks

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome. I spent some time in NB, love that province.
As for your problems, I understand how confusing it can be . you will never find a place where all agree. What I did was learn as much as I could from all different sides, decided what I was comfortable with and used what I found worked for my dogs.
There is definitely a wealth of info on here.
Good luck. I can imagine what a handful two pups are.
Looking forward to more pics (I am on my iPhone so I can't see your pic well right now).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Howdy neighbor LOL! Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome Jeff, Trigger and Trooper. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2 dog home

As you have two males from the same litter this may be a good question for you. I have a 9 month old female and considering adding a male from the same litter. The male came back to the breeder as the previous owner was experiencing financial problems. I have met the male & he seems fine, he also got along with my female for the short time they were together.

In your opinion were there any problems with them being from the same litter?
I have heard that dogs of different gender get along better in the same house?

Thanks for any input.
Ross

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Welcome! I lived in Newfoundland and Nova Scotia for a few years back in my distant past. Beautiful, places!

Drop dead gorgeous boys you have there! At first glance, they look like working lines. Where did you get them from? And when you say training, what do you have in mind?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts