German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just thought I would drop a quick hello to everyone! Born and raised right here in central Minnesota and have lived my entire life within a five mile radius. I have been married for nine years and my wife and I have three children, ages 17, seven, and five. And we just added another addition last week!

We purchased our first GSD puppy aproximately one month ago and had been waiting as patiently as we could for her arrival! It was a long wait for all of us, but that wait is over and we are excited to have her home with us! We named her Kona.

Growing up, I had a neighbor that had a GSD and I loved that dog and always said that one day, I'd have one of my own. I had mentioned to my wife several years ago that I'd always wanted a GSD. My kids for the last year have been wanting a dog and we finally felt we were ready for it. The last month has been expensive for us purchasing the puppy, crates, kennels, food, toys, etc. It was fun though and the kids had a great time picking out toys for their puppy!

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what we are going to do with Kona, other than being an obedient family pet. I would like her to have a "job" of some sort and feel it would be rewarding for both us and the dog. I probably have a little time to think about that yet. Right now, we have a lot of other stuff to learn before we get into that! :)

I found this site when I started doing research on the breed and finally decided to make the most of it and join. I'm sure I'll be here often looking for answers from some of you and maybe at some point, answering questions. I have a lot to learn, but feel I've somewhat prepared myself and a lot of that came from this site. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:welcome: She looks like a cutie :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts